Saturday, March 14, 2015

Spring Break 2015

I didn't take a trip this year over Spring Break so that I could save money for buying a house this summer!  The first Sunday morning of the break was spent running 13.1 miles with April.  We ran the Rhythm and Blues half in Irving.  We knew it would be a smaller race since it was a new one, but it was only $75 instead of the $125 Rock n' Roll, so we went with it.  There ended up only being about 300 people running the half!  Part of that might have been due to the weather.
Whose idea was this??!!
It started raining on our way over there, but we decided a little rain wouldn't stop us from having fun.  We decided that we would take a selfie at every mile marker.  It definitely kept me motivated!  I had not really trained as much as I had in the past.  I ran a 6 mile, 8 mile, and 10 mile long run ahead of time, but I really skipped out of my runs during the week and relied on crossfit.  I was feeling okay until around mile 9, and the last 2 miles were brutal.  Thankfully, April was sweet enough to run much slower than her normal pace so she could stay with me the whole time.  Overall, we ended up coming in at an okay time for me.  We finished in 2:32.


After the race, we met Cinnamon, Mike, and Lara at Blue Mesa for brunch.  It was yummy and a great time with friends!  Cinnamon and Mike even checked off a wedding list to-do item and decided to rent Blue Mesa for the rehearsal dinner.

I spent Monday through Wednesday just relaxing and getting things done.  I had Lara and April over to watch the Bachelor finale on Monday night, which is always fun.  I have sadly never missed a season, except for the first one.  I always think the couple is going to work out in the end, but this time....I'm questioning it!  Tuesday I got to catch up with two friends that I haven't seen in awhile!  I went over to Jackie's house in Dallas that morning to spend time with her and her two twin boys, George and Charlie.  We just talked and played a little with them.  That afternoon, I met Chelsea in Southlake at the Town Square.  We walked around to a few shops and got Starbucks to sit and catch up.  I haven't seen either of these friends in way too long, and there is no excuse because they both live close!!  I hope we make it a point to schedule in time to catch up again soon!

I went to Jacksonville on Thursday to visit the family.  Kristen and Bret came over and spent the night so we could hang out.  Tennison was there on Thursday afternoon, and we also kept her on Friday during the day.  She had Spring Break, but Melissa and the boys don't have theirs until next week.  She is absolutely precious, and I love her age right now!!

We watched cartoons.  

We played with play-dough.  

We worked puzzles.  

 We played outside and blew bubbles.  

She is talking so much, and you can see her little wheels spinning in her mind all the time.  She learns something every day, and she has such an imagination.  She is so sweet, too!!

She got my keys and this "purse" and said she was going to drive the car to go to work with Nana.  :)






We went over to Melissa and Tony's on Saturday night to celebrate their birthdays.  We brought BBQ, and mom made a cake.  We had fun playing with the kids and watching old home videos of the boys when they were little.  Love my family!

watching home videos on the couch with these cuties 


It was a great week, and I am thankful for a job where I can enjoy a week off.  Now I am just ready for some sunshine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment