Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Zambia

Over Spring Break, I finally got to put all of my pictures from Zambia into an imovie!  It has been on my list of things to do since this summer, and I am so glad I finally sat down and worked until I finished it.  I will treasure this video for years to come!

After a lot of praying, a lot of going back and forth, and a lot of tears, I made the decision not to go to Zambia this summer.  I would not have been able to go on Trip 2 because it coincides with Cinnamon's wedding (which I would never miss!).  Trip 1 is a shorter trip this year, which would have been okay, but I knew that I would also be trying to buy a house this summer, and trying to time that all and then possibly being gone was just too difficult.  It is hard to feel like you are doing the right thing, when it feels so hard!  As it gets closer, I am having a more difficult time knowing I won't be seeing those precious faces, or my sweet friends who live and work over there.  I know God can use me here, and I am praying that something is going to come along that I can get involved with locally this summer.  I know my heart is restless, longing to be a part of something this summer, and I am praying God will make that apparent as to what that is.  For now, Tia has asked me to help develop a document with a few math strategies/games the teachers in Zambia can easily implement.  The Teach ONE teachers will help them learn those strategies while they are there.  I am so excited about helping with this and being a part of the trip in a small way!  God is good and faithful, and I can't wait to see what is next for me, even if it is not Zambia right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment