Monday, July 8, 2013

One of my Favorite Moments

There is so much to share.  Where do I start?  I plan on blogging about each day of my trip.  I have a lot of pictures and videos to upload, though, so for now, I will share one of my favorite moments of the trip.

We aren't supposed to spoil the surprise for anyone, but since I don't know anyone going to Camp LIFE this year, I am sharing!! :) 

After dinner on Friday night, they turned all of the lights out.  We thought we were going to have a time of prayer, but music started playing.  The sponosred children from Tree of Life came out of nowhere with candles dancing to "Glory, Glory, Halleluja".  When I noticed it was them, the students I had taught all week, the tears came flowing and would not stop!!  They looked beautiful all dressed up in traditional African clothing!!  To think about where these children came from, the things they have had to endure, and then to see them dancing joyfully for the Lord makes my heart happy and full.  What a special surprise it was!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment